What Every Recruiter Needs to Know About Sourcing
Sourcing is a critical component of the Recruitment process, and mastering it requires a set of specific skills and best practices. However, for Recruiters who rarely source, getting from zero to productive may seem daunting. With an overwhelming number of resources available, it can be challenging to evaluate and make use of them effectively. Even experienced Sourcers may struggle to keep up with the ever-shifting landscape of search engines, tools, and social networks.
That's where our class comes in. We'll provide you with a comprehensive review of the sourcing landscape, covering core concepts, techniques, resources, and tools that are essential for finding and recruiting candidates online. We've also packed this presentation with as many reference guides, tip sheets, search examples, and tools as possible to help you get the most out of the class.
- What Is Sourcing? What Do Sourcers Do?
- "Successful Sourcing" Concepts
- Overview of the Sourcing Process
- Go for the low hanging fruit first
- Leverage existing resources
- Professional and General Social Networks
- Other Data-Rich Sites
- Cross-reference and Pre-qualify
- Contact / Hand-off
- Importance of Intake & Basic Research
- "Good Enough" Googling
- Google’s Boolean rules
- Most useful Google search operators
- Increasing your X-Ray X-Pertise
- Get the Most Out of LinkedIn
- 6 Step Process to Reach Out to Anyone
- Start Simple – Google
- Social Outreach
- Find or Guess (and Verify) Emails
- Phone Number Search Hacks
- Intro to Social Sourcing
- Closed vs. Open Networks
- Which Sites Do Your Candidates Use?
- Evaluating Social Sites
- Tips on Effective Practicing
Complete recording and presentation slides
Six-step methodology for finding contact details
Google Search Reference Tip Sheet
X-Ray Practice Searches for Exploring New Sites - Tip Sheet
30-day online support guarantee