Sourcing for Diversity
Build a stronger, more inclusive team with our expert guidance on diversity sourcing. Our straightforward methods are designed to help recruiters of all levels achieve their goals.
Invest in your professional development and unlock the power of diversity sourcing with our two-part course. Designed for those who want to learn without the pressure of certification.
Part 1 (Diversity Sourcing Fundamentals) focuses on the core skill areas of Exploratory Research, Google Search, X-Ray Searching, LinkedIn Search, Social Sourcing, and Cross-Referencing Information. These core skills are critical for proficiency as a modern sourcer, and we demonstrate how each skill applies to diversity sourcing.
Building on the foundations laid in Part 1, Part 2 (A Deeper Look at Diversity Search Strategies) focuses on applying core Sourcing skills to a range of intermediate to advanced diversity search applications. We will demonstrate specific search strings, strategies, sites, and tools for several common target diversity candidate types (including women, under-represented racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities). You will also have some “homework” to do!
Part 1 Outline - Diversity Sourcing Fundamentals
- Review: The Six Core Sourcing Skills
- Exploratory Research and the "Main Idea"
- Learning what you need to know quickly
- Identifying Diversity indicators
- Google Search for Diversity
- Google Best Practices
- Boolean Basics
- Advanced Search Operators
- Finding Diversity Lists and Resumes
- Image Search
- Building X-Ray Expertise
- Diversity Sourcing on LinkedIn
- Boolean Search on LinkedIn
- Specialty Searches
- Diversity "Hacks" for LinkedIn
- Social Sourcing for Diversity
- Identify Which Sites to Use
- Find What You Need Quickly
- Notes on Cross-Referencing
Part 2 Outline - Deeper Look at Diversity Search Strategies
- Brief Review of Core Concepts
- Specific Strategies for Sourcing:
- Racial and Ethnic Minorities
- People with Disabilities
- For Each Target Group:
- What Are the Diversity Indicators?
- Identifying Companies, Schools, Groups, and More
- Resume and List Search Examples
- Search for Minorities on LinkedIn
- Other Social Sites to Explore
- Assignments for Practice
Complete recordings and presentation slides for both parts
30-day online support guarantee