TEST WINDOW: February 24 - March 3
Certified Diversity Sourcing Professional Program
About the Program
In response to the fast-growing demand for diversity sourcing, we're excited to offer a comprehensive Diversity Sourcing Program. Since its introduction in 2020, this program has received overwhelmingly positive participant feedback.
The program includes a four-day intensive and interactive training course that culminates in the Certified Diversity Sourcing Professional (CDSP) certification exam. The training covers the six core sourcing skill areas from our original Certified People Sourcing Professional exam but specifically focuses on applying those skills to diversity sourcing.
Through our expert instruction, you'll learn essential techniques and strategies to become proficient in sourcing and achieve your diversity sourcing goals. Even if you can't attend the daily sessions live, you'll receive the recordings and slides from each day's class, allowing you to review the material at your own pace and benefit from the training.
Join us to gain the skills necessary to excel in diversity sourcing and become a Certified Diversity Sourcing Professional!
Before You Sign Up
We anticipate talent acquisition professionals from various backgrounds and different experience levels will participate in the CDSP Program. The course is calibrated for maximum accessibility to accommodate a range of needs.
We recommend reviewing these sample exam questions before registering if you are new to sourcing or an experienced recruiter who sources infrequently.
If you find the questions especially tricky, please consider a foundational training course (such as What Every Recruiter Needs to Know About Sourcing class) before enrolling in the CDSP Program.
Program Description & Schedule
The September CDSP class will meet on the following schedule:
- Day 1 - Introduction, Expectations & Exam Overview - Tuesday, February 20th (8 AM to 9 AM Pacific Time)
- Day 2 - Diversity Sourcing Fundamentals - Wednesday, February 21st (8 AM to 9 AM Pacific Time)
- Day 3 - A Deeper Look at Diversity Search Strategies - Thursday, February 22nd (8 AM to 9 AM Pacific Time)
- Day 4 - Homework Review, Demonstrations, and Q&A - Friday, February 23rd (8 AM to 9 AM Pacific Time)
Day 1 provides a foundational understanding of what sourcing is and the role it plays in achieving your diversity goals. We'll introduce you to key diversity sourcing concepts and provide an overview of what to expect from the CDSP exam. In addition, we'll review several sample test questions to give you a sense of what you'll learn on Days 2 and 3.
The focus of Day 2 will be on covering the six core skill areas of effective sourcing: Exploratory Research, Google Search, X-Ray Searching, LinkedIn, Social Sourcing, and Cross-Referencing Information. Our expert instructors will demonstrate how these skills apply to diversity sourcing, giving you practical insights and strategies for identifying and engaging with diverse talent.
On Day 3 we'll apply our newly learned core sourcing skills to various intermediate to advanced diversity search applications. Our expert instructors will demonstrate specific search strings, strategies, sites, and tools for each of several common target diversity candidate types, including women, under-represented racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities. In addition, you'll have some homework to complete, allowing you to apply what you've learned and further build your expertise in diversity sourcing.
On Day 4, we'll review the homework assigned on Day 3 and provide feedback to help you further improve your skills. Additionally, an expert instructor will demonstrate example searches requested by attendees in real-time, providing practical insights and strategies for your specific needs. Day 4 is your best opportunity to get in-depth questions answered live by our instructors, allowing you to solidify your knowledge and expertise in diversity sourcing.
We look forward to helping you achieve your CDSP certification and become a master of diversity sourcing.
Program Outline (Day by Day)
- Day 1 - Introduction, Expectations & Exam Overview
- Introductions & Welcome
- The Importance of Sourcing for Diversity
- The Six Core Sourcing Skills
- The "Main Idea" for Effective Searching
- CDSP Program Overview & Expectations
- How the CDSP Exam Works
- CDSP Exam Demo & Sample Questions
- Day 2 - Diversity Sourcing Fundamentals
- Review: The Six Core Sourcing Skills
- Exploratory Research and the "Main Idea"
- Learning what you need to know, quickly
- Identifying Diversity indicators
- Google Search for Diversity
- Google Best Practices
- Boolean Basics
- Advanced Search Operators
- Finding Diversity Lists and Resumes
- Image Search
- Building X-Ray Expertise
- Diversity Sourcing on LinkedIn
- Boolean Search on LinkedIn
- Specialty Searches
- Diversity "Hacks" for LinkedIn
- Social Sourcing for Diversity
- Identify Which Sites to Use
- Find What You Need Quickly
- Notes on Cross-Referencing
- Day 3 - A Deeper Look at Diversity Search Strategies
- Brief Review of Core Concepts
- Specific Strategies for Sourcing:
- Racial and Ethnic Minorities
- People with Disabilities
- For Each Target Group:
- What Are the Diversity Indicators?
- Identifying Companies, Schools, Groups, and More
- Resume and List Search Examples
- Search for Minorities on LinkedIn
- Other Social Sites to Explore
- Using What You Learn, to Learn More
- Homework Assignments
- Day 4 - Homework Review, Demonstrations, and Q&A
- Homework Grading & Discussion
- Live Demonstrations of Concepts As Requested By Attendees, e.g.,
- Applying core skills to a real req you are working on.
- Demonstrating a tool or technique discussed on Days 1 through 3, live.
- Any other questions you have, we are here to answer!
CDSP Exam Details
The Certified Diversity Sourcing Professional Exam will be available for you to take for nine days. The test window will open on Saturday, February 24th at 12 AM Pacific and close on Sunday, March 3rd at 11:59 PM Pacific. During this test window, you may begin the test at any time. You must complete the Exam in a single sitting. We have calibrated the question difficulty so that the average expected time to complete the test is two hours, but you will have a total of four hours to finish the test once you begin. If you finish early, you can submit your answers immediately or use the extra time to check your work. The test will consist of 40 practical search exercises. We label each question with its point value and the core sourcing skill required to answer it.
Out of 40 questions, you can expect to see:
- Exploratory Research - 11 Questions
- Google Search - 4 Questions
- X-Ray Searches - 6 Questions
- LinkedIn - 6 Questions
- Social Sourcing - 2 Questions
- Cross-Referencing - 11 Questions
We will provide detailed instructions for testing during the program.
Recordings of the live webinars, slides, tip sheets, and a Boolean Builder for LinkedIn searches
Sample CDSP Exam questions
Supplemental diversity Sourcing resources
CDSP exam and certification
30-day online support guarantee