Web Scraping For Recruiters
Web scraping is extracting and saving data from websites. So how can Recruiters benefit from it? A lot.
For example, imagine getting a contact list of conference attendees parsed into an MS Excel file, making it easy to narrow down to the right professionals. Alternatively, if you are recruiting Software Engineers, imagine you can get an Excel file with all Github members who code in a given language and live in a given city. Scraping gives Sourcing a huge productivity boost. Of course, scraping needs to be used responsibly and with an awareness of laws and user agreements.
This class will explain the what, why, and how of web scraping for recruiters. You don't need to be very technical to adopt the tools and techniques presented in this class, but there will be some learning curve.
Bring your curiosity and enthusiasm; we'll be happy to help you become an expert.
- Intro to Web Scraping
- Key Terms & Concepts
- What Scrapers Do
- What Scrapers Don't Do
- Scraping Law & Ethics
- Recruitment Use Cases for Web Scraping
- Capture Emails from Pages and Search Results
- Complete List Capture (e.g., Names, Titles, and Companies)
- Collecting Documents from Search Results
- Collecting Lists of Users from Social Sites
- Before You Start
- Finding Pages to Scrape
- Choosing a Scraper
- Simple Tools that "Just Work"
- Email Extractor
- Table Capture
- Instant data scraper
- Scraping with Some Assembly Required
- Outwit Hub
- LinkedIn Helper
- What's Next
- Storing and Using Collected Data
Complete recording and presentation slides
30-day online support guarantee